Now that Summer is officially here and the days are allowed to blend together, I thought this would be a perfect time to accept the “Shine on Award” that “FunnyPhilosopher” nominated me for http://funnyphilosopher.wordpress.com/page/2/ on his site last week. It was a nice surprise, a ray of sunshine, a refreshing splash of water in the comment section of my Trifecta article about Summer – condensed into 33 words. Thank you for the nomination – I accept!
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. √
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. √
3. State 7 things about yourself. Here goes —
1. I still am working on how to work the logistics of the blog – and hope to have it figured out in the next few weeks. I might be changing addresses so please watch for announcements.
2. I love statistics. Seriously And all the data. But I hate math.
= nxy – (x)(y)
) – (x
] · sqrt[n
) – (y
3. My favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin – yes, I like them better than chocolate chip!
4. I hate housework and cooking. I was the first one in highschool to petition out of “home ec” – on the grounds I was college prep, would have a career, and would hire help. (The help has been sporadic, but I’m a great fan of the Chaos Theory; an INTJ and a horizontal-filer, and the kids have developed great immune systems!) Just so no one panics – everyone is well fed – just because I don’t like to cook, doesn’t mean I don’t know how to cook 😉
Plot of Mathematically generated chaos. Public Domain. wikimedia.org
6. I want to learn to play the cello.
Amedeo Modigliani [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
7. I’m sad the days will be getting shorter now.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
Here are my 15 nominees:
12.-15. If you are a subscriber and reader of my blog and would like this award, then I want you to have it. There are so many people I would like to suggest – some have it, some won’t want it, and some who want it will be left off the list mostly because I can’t keep track of who has what award and who doesn’t like them. So – it there are a few for you that would like the Shine on Award – or , as I am thinking of it – the SSSM Award – just for a little while.
English: Rare supermoon rising over lake in Central Florida. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Tags: Award, Blog, chaos theory, great moon, INTJ, Shine on Award, summer solstice, super moon